is rbldnsd no longer distributed in CentOS?

Rob McEwen rob@invaluement.com
Tue Nov 19 18:15:13 CET 2019

On 11/19/2019 11:35 AM, Denny Watson via dev wrote:
> What version of CentOS are you running?

I figured it out - I started off trying this on CentOS 8 - and rbldnsd
really is NOT (yet?) in the EPEL distribution for CentOS 8. Then, when I
went to check this out for CentOS versions 6 and 7, I didn't run my full
script and then didn't run the "yum -y install epel-release" command for
those two versions (since I had forgotten that EPEL was needed). But now
that you've reminded me of that, I went back to fresh CentOS 6 & 7
installs - and rbldnsd DID install after running the "yum -y install
epel-release" command.

Sorry for the false alarm.

Part of the reason for my mistakes here - is that I run all my own Linux
servers on Debian, so I'm not as familiar with CentOS, and then I had
forgotten why "epel-release" was needed.

Thanks for your help with this!

-- Rob McEwen, invaluement.com